Are you gearing up for Valentine’s Day in your home? Since the stores are already displaying pink and red hearts, we’re ramping up over here. First activity: a Valentine Banner!
To get my kids involved, I designed a simple banner for them to color. You can download it here for your kids, too! It’s so easy. Once you’ve downloaded the free template, print on cardstock, then cut along the solid lines to form pennants. Hand the pennants over to your kiddos to color while you grab some string.
I used fun fur yarn (a crafting favorite) in white and red. I wrapped the end with tape to make threading easier.
After we were done coloring, I used a craft knife to slit the corners of each pennant.
Knowing my boys have short attention spans (and therefore would probably not color in all the spaces), I printed ours on pink paper. If you have more ambitious artists in your home, white cardstock may be more suitable. Also, this would be a fun banner to glitter!
We’d love to see your banners, so share your pictures on our Facebook page!
- No-Sew Kids Ninja Costume
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Box Game Boredom Buster
- DIY Teepee Kids Craft and Centerpiece
- Free Printable Recipe Binder Kit
- Worksheet Wednesday: USA Flag Coloring Page
- Worksheet Wednesday: Spring Syllables
- Worksheet Wednesday: What’s the Contiguous United States?
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Worksheet Wednesday: Silly Faces Feelings Worksheet
- Squatting the Baby Days Away