When Liam brought his papier-mâché globe home from school I was thrilled for many reasons. First it was one of the coolest kindergarten projects ever — his class had literally spent months making their globes working a little each day as they learned about all the oceans, continents, etc. Secondly, Bettijo and I had just been asked to plan an Earth Day party photo shoot for OneCharmingParty.com, and I was totally inspired by Liam’s globe project.
As the centerpiece for our BLOOM & GROW Earth Day party I ended up creating a slightly larger version of Liam’s globe and used a punching ball rather than normal balloon to achieve more of a sphere shape. Learn how to make your own globe (including links to download our free printable continents and ocean labels) over at OneCharmingParty.com.
P.S. If Liam’s overwhelming affection towards his handmade World is any indication, this is a project your kids will ADORE!
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Box Game Boredom Buster
- Shark Class Valentine
- Free Printable Christmas Worksheets
- Worksheet Wednesday: Thanksgiving Math Riddle
- Worksheet Wednesday: How To Draw A Star
- Worksheet Wednesday: Spring Syllables
- Worksheet Wednesday: Silly Faces Feelings Worksheet
- Christmas Alphabet Dot-to-Dot
- Printable Thanksgiving Lunchbox Jokes
- Free Printable: Autumn Words
- Squatting the Baby Days Away