When decorating for Halloween it is fun to layer on lots of spooky textures. This simple DIY Barbed Wire garland — made from nothing but yarn — quickly ups the roughness and danger factor on your Halloween decor display.
TO MAKE: First you willl need a ball of yarn in your desired color. Unravel a strand of yarn that is the length you want for your finished garland and then double it. Cut off a bunch of little 3-inch yarn bits (just approximate — no need to measure), and use to tie square knots along your doubled strands about every 2-3 inches. Trim the knot tails shorter to mimic the barbs on wire.
Hang one strand or several — they are so easy to make that your little ones could help you make lots to hang in a big mass. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see how we put this simple technique to use to make another spooky Halloween decoration!
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Mother’s Day Ideas on Studio 5
- DIY Teepee Kids Craft and Centerpiece
- Worksheet Wednesday: USA Flag Coloring Page
- Free Printable USA Banner for July 4th
- Pin a Bowtie on the Skeleton Game
- Simple Father’s Day Gift
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Printable Thanksgiving Lunchbox Jokes
- Country Ghost Party: Recipes
- Free Printable: Autumn Words
1 thought on “DIY Barbed Wire Decor”
I LOVE this. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.