I am so excited for October; Halloween is my favorite holiday. To kick off my decorating this year I just designed a “Spooky” banner for our fireplace and created a printable template that you can download (for free!) to make your own.
It is so easy to make — I whipped mine together in a half hour. Printed the template out on white cardstock, cut out the flags, used a hole punch on each flag and then strung them together using purple seem binding. (To help things thread smoothly, I taped the end of the binding with masking tape to create a sort of needle.)
After I hung it up, my husband suggested it would have a fun eerie effect printed on translucent vellum (such a Superdad!), but really that is what I love about this banner — it is so easy to customize and make it your own. How about orange paper for a super-festive look or off-white cardstock to give it a vintage feel?
Plus there are lots of options for stringing: yarn, ribbon, embroidery thread, fishing line, sew the flags together with a zigzag stitch. Aimee suggested tying knots with fabric scraps in between each flag. I can’t wait to see how her banner turns out! If you decide to make one yourself, please be sure to post a photo on our new Facebook page. In fact, please drop by today and “like” our page so you won’t miss a thing.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Pie Tags
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Maui’s Song + Free Printable Moana Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Birthday Printables
- Easy Statue of Liberty Crown
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Hello Sailor Baby Shower Ideas
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Handmade Holiday Decor + Free Printables
- Pirate Birthday Party Printables