I am so excited for October; Halloween is my favorite holiday. To kick off my decorating this year I just designed a “Spooky” banner for our fireplace and created a printable template that you can download (for free!) to make your own.
It is so easy to make — I whipped mine together in a half hour. Printed the template out on white cardstock, cut out the flags, used a hole punch on each flag and then strung them together using purple seem binding. (To help things thread smoothly, I taped the end of the binding with masking tape to create a sort of needle.)
After I hung it up, my husband suggested it would have a fun eerie effect printed on translucent vellum (such a Superdad!), but really that is what I love about this banner — it is so easy to customize and make it your own. How about orange paper for a super-festive look or off-white cardstock to give it a vintage feel?
Plus there are lots of options for stringing: yarn, ribbon, embroidery thread, fishing line, sew the flags together with a zigzag stitch. Aimee suggested tying knots with fabric scraps in between each flag. I can’t wait to see how her banner turns out! If you decide to make one yourself, please be sure to post a photo on our new Facebook page. In fact, please drop by today and “like” our page so you won’t miss a thing.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake - Perfect Every Time
- Halloween FAIRY SPRITE COSTUME with Martha Stewart
- Free Printable Statue of Liberty Crown
- How to Make Easter Egg Dye
- Welcome to Piper's Lalaloopsy Party
- First Day of School Signs
- Pregnancy Cravings Party Printables
- Tangled Party Decor & Food
- Tangled Birthday Party Invitation