With Thanksgiving around the corner, we have been really into teepees (or tipis) this week. Harrison is fascinated with the Native Americans, especially the nomadic Plains Indians who used teepees for shelter. The idea that teepees could be taken down quickly, stowed away for travel and then reassembled in a new location is amazing to him.
This week’s worksheet is great for early elementary school-aged students. It reinforces simple math facts with a mix of addition and subtraction. Once students have completed the math facts they can decode the riddle (which also serves as a great way to check their answers).
If you’re looking for more teepee fun, check out our Easy DIY Teepees made from paper, glue and toothpicks.
Looking for more Thanksgiving worksheets?
- Turkey Vowels :: Reinforce vowel recognition with our silly turkey
- Thanksgiving Words :: Practice writing simple Thanksgiving words
- Acorn Dot-to-Dot :: Connect the dots in a simple drawing
- Leafy Patterns :: Create patterns with leaves to reinforce early math skills
- Autumn Words :: Practice writing and coloring classic autumn symbols
the supermom handwriting library
Want all my handwriting worksheets & Lined Papers?
get all 124 PDF files WITH JUST one click!
$124 value & Available for a limited time at 95% OFF!
34 alphabet worksheets with every letter, numbers & punctuation.
16 themed handwriting worksheets fun for holidays & every month of the year.
10 basic phonics worksheets covering short & long vowels.
32 cursive practice pages with the full alphabet.
36 lined paper templates for everything: from primary lined paper & college rule to graph paper, music staff & more!
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Shark Class Valentine
- Easy, Last-Minute Gift Ideas
- Free Printable Recipe Binder Kit
- Worksheet Wednesday: School Handwriting
- Worksheet Wednesday: Dinosaur Footprint
- Worksheet Wednesday: Spring Syllables
- Worksheet Wednesday: Printable Periodic Table
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Where’s the Green?
- Free Printable: Autumn Words