As I mentioned, Independence Day is my most favorite holiday. I love our country, our flag and the Statue of Liberty. Even my little Harrison knows and loves this beloved landmark. So, it’s no surprise that every summer we read this book over and over.
L Is for Liberty, by Wendy Cheyette Lewison, tells the simple story of our Lady Liberty. She writes about how this statue was a gift from France to celebrate and symbolize our freedom. The book also explains how people came from all over the world to America by ship, and they were greeted in the New York Harbor by our Statue of Liberty. Of course, no American patriotic book is complete without some fireworks, too!
I’m looking forward to the Fourth of July and reading this book a million times more with my boys before then!
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Box Game Boredom Buster
- DIY Teepee Kids Craft and Centerpiece
- Worksheet Wednesday: Printable Periodic Table
- DIY Barbed Wire Decor
- Simple Father’s Day Gift
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Christmas Alphabet Dot-to-Dot
- Country Ghost Party: Recipes
- Where’s the Green?