Remember the free printable Statue of Liberty Crown that we shared last year? Well we’ve made it even easier for you to make Statue of Liberty Crowns for the Fourth of July this year by converting our design to a cut file for the new Cricut Explore machine. If you haven’t read about why this new cutter is super awesome, go here.
Okay so let me show you how easy it is to make a Statue of Liberty Crown, and then you will be ready to cut one for all the kids at your July 4th barbecue!
Our cut file is already pre-loaded for you in the Cricut Design Center. So all you have to do is gather paper in the appropriate colors then head over to Design Center and click the green “Make It Now” button. The file is already setup to cut the crown portion and two headbands that will allow you to make crowns to fit anyone from children to adult. Make sure your Cricut Explore machine’s dial is set to the “Cardstock” setting. Place your paper on the cutting mat and follow the prompts in the cutting software to load and cut. Remove the cut pieces from the mat then use glue dots to attach the crown and headband together.
If desired, bend the points of the crown outward as shown in the photo below to more closely resemble Lady Liberty’s own crown.
It’s pretty fun to look back and compare these photos to the ones of Miss Modette wearing our printable Lady Liberty Crown last year — isn’t it amazing how much kids change in a year?!
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Glitter Love Free Printables!
- How to Assess and Prepare your Kid’s Kindergarten Readiness
- 2012 First Day of School Signs
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- Easy Tangled Party Invites
- Want to have a Nancy Drew Party?
- How to Host a Rapunzel Party
- Shooting Star Scissor Worksheet
- Farkle Game Set