This is going to be a busy week for me. Today I’m headed down to the local NBC studio to appear on Arizona Midday at 12:30 pm — I’m sharing some fun ideas for an AZ Snow Day. Then later this week I get to see the real white stuff up in Salt Lake City, where I’m speaking at ALT Summit. I’ll be sharing tips for how to work with traditional media. It’s been fun to dig through some of my old college notes — I studied public relations and journalism at BYU.
As for snow, obviously we don’t get much here in Phoenix so we have to MAKE it snow! In fact, snow and ice are such a rarity that a few weeks ago, when the temperature dipped below freezing during the night, my kids brought big chunks of ice found on their outdoor toys and insisted that we bag it up to save. I’m pretty sure it’s still sitting in the freezer. Then we used our shaved ice machine to make snow. That works well, but I realize shaved ice machines might be hard to come by, so here are some other fun ideas to make believe with snow…
It’s not cold, but other than that this fluffy stuff — that you make in the microwave from a bar of soap — comes pretty close to the real thing.
We love cutting snowflakes, but it can sometimes be frustrating to get started. Check out our directions for easy, no-fail paper snowflakes including an optional free printable template.
Download our free printable “Let it Snow” art print. It’s perfect to frame and display on a mantle or entry table.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Printable July 4th Decor & Easy Summer Barbecues
- Easy Patriotic Centerpiece
- Make an Easy Mistletoe Ball
- DIY Glowing Dive Sticks
- Free Printable Statue of Liberty Crown
- Spanish Flashcards & More Freebies!
- How to Make Easter Egg Dye
- MAKE A GIFT: Monogram Tea Towels
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies