As a child, I had a friend whose family would go up into the mountains and gather fresh mistletoe to sell in little bags to raise money for Christmas shopping. If only I could have the fresh stuff every year!
My mom had a mistletoe or “kissing ball,” as they’re sometimes called, hung in our entryway every Christmas, and so I feel like mistletoe is a must have for holiday decor. Yet I’ve had a tough time finding a mistletoe ball I like — classic and simple like my mom’s. So I did what I always do when I can’t find what I want, I designed this free printable 3-D mistletoe ball.
Here is a festive, free printable to help you Deck the Halls.
I’ve always been fond of mistletoe. As a child, I had a friend whose family would go up into the mountains and gather fresh mistletoe to sell in little bags to raise money for Christmas shopping. If only I could have the fresh stuff every year!
Since I think Mistletoe is a must have for holiday decor, I’ve created a free printable mistletoe template to make this cute, paper mistletoe ball. It’s so easy to put together. The hardest part is cutting out the pieces. I highly recommend using good detail scissors. These are definitely not your kid scissors because they have a nice, sharp point that makes it so much easier to get into tight spaces.
There are two parts to the template, because we’re making a more three-dimensional ball shape, not just flat paper. I recommend you print the solid green page included in the free download file on the reverse side of the template.
You’ll see that there are white, cutting guidelines on Front A and Front B. The one on A goes from top to middle, and B goes from middle to bottom. This will allow the two pieces to fit together in a sort of X shape that will give the mistletoe ball depth.
Use the string to hang as desired… you could even add a bow. I hung mine above the window seat in my new kitchen, and I think it looks darling.
Want more Christmas free printables? Check out these…
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How to Make a Christmas Village Display
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Teacher Appreciation Door Decorating
- Free Printable Statue of Liberty Crown
- Baby’s First Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- How to Assess and Prepare your Kid’s Kindergarten Readiness
- Tangled Party Games & Activities