To celebrate Memorial Day our family got up early and headed out to the public cemetery to place flags on veteran’s graves. It was the first time we’ve ever done something like this, but I think we’re going to make it a family tradition. It was very eye opening for both of my older kids, and frankly it was also a good reminder to me of what is truly important.
After we spent some time at the public cemetery we headed over to visit my grandparent’s grave. Whenever I’m in a cemetery I wonder what the proper etiquette is for walking across graves. I still don’t know, but as I watched baby Modette, who is just beginning to walk, teetering over the headstones, I doubted anyone — living or dead — would mind. It was a precious site, and I couldn’t help taking a few photos. She also wanted to help place the flags.
Continuing with our summer craft-a-day project, we will be making red poppies for remembrance to wear at our BBQ this evening. How does your family celebrate Memorial Day?
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I'll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- How to Make a Christmas Village Display
- GLOW GUIDE: Glow in the dark Party Ideas
- Thanksgiving Kids Table With Shutterfly
- Free Printable Whoopee Cushion Valentines
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- Have a Slice of Fraction Pie
- The Perfect Boys Valentine
- Leprechaun Rainbow Mobile
- Bouncy Ball Valentines