To celebrate Memorial Day our family got up early and headed out to the public cemetery to place flags on veteran’s graves. It was the first time we’ve ever done something like this, but I think we’re going to make it a family tradition. It was very eye opening for both of my older kids, and frankly it was also a good reminder to me of what is truly important.
After we spent some time at the public cemetery we headed over to visit my grandparent’s grave. Whenever I’m in a cemetery I wonder what the proper etiquette is for walking across graves. I still don’t know, but as I watched baby Modette, who is just beginning to walk, teetering over the headstones, I doubted anyone — living or dead — would mind. It was a precious site, and I couldn’t help taking a few photos. She also wanted to help place the flags.
Continuing with our summer craft-a-day project, we will be making red poppies for remembrance to wear at our BBQ this evening. How does your family celebrate Memorial Day?
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Fresh Cuts: Everything Mermaids SVG Cut Files
- Is the New Beauty & the Beast Too Scary for Kids?
- Family Fun: Bubble Gum Blowing Contest!
- Worksheet Wednesday: Easter Egg Fractions
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Super Cute New Years Card
- Name The Picture – Short “O”
- Poison Ivy Bath Salts