A while back Bettijo and I were preparing some Halloween crafts to share. Our idea for this last-minute spider turned out to be among our favorites. His fuzzy little body and crazy wiggly eyes just made us fall in love with him. (My boys love him, too!)
He takes just a couple minutes to put together, and you may just have everything on hand to create him today.
:: Black yarn
:: 2 black pipe cleaners
:: 2 wiggly eyes
To Make the Body: Begin by wrapping the yarn around three fingers. (We wrapped ours around about 60 times.) Carefully nudge the yarn off your fingers, then tie a short piece of yarn around the circled yarn and tie tightly. Cut the loops of the yarn to create a fuzzy pompom. Trim the pompom to your desired size.
To Make the Legs: Cut your two pipe cleaners in half. Twist the four pieces of pipe cleaner together in the middle and space them apart. Bend the ends of each piece to create the spider’s feet. Glue the pompom onto the middle of the pipe cleaners. Finish your fuzzy spider by gluing eyes onto the pompom. Now go make your spider’s web.
If you’re looking for more spider crafts, be sure to check out our Paper Spiders.
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Box Game Boredom Buster
- DIY Teepee Kids Craft and Centerpiece
- Free Printable USA Banner for July 4th
- Worksheet Wednesday: Printable Periodic Table
- Worksheet Wednesday: What’s the Contiguous United States?
- DIY Ninja Game
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Ghosts + Pumpkins
- Squatting the Baby Days Away