Looking for easy Halloween craft ideas? Paper plate and yarn can quickly become a spooky spider’s web. This easy spider craft is perfect to do with your kiddos, but given the simple supplies, it’s also a perfect Halloween class party activity.
Of course every web needs a spider! I love this Fuzzy Spider craft that isn’t the least bit creepy. He takes just a couple minutes to put together, and your kiddos can totally help out.
Easy Spider Craft Supplies
:: Chinet Classic White Paper Plate
:: Black yarn
:: 2 black pipe cleaners
:: 2 wiggly eyes
Make the Spider’s Web
Use scissors to make half-inch snips around the edge of a paper plate every one to two inches. To spin your web, begin by wedging a 3-inch tail of yarn into one of the snips on your paper plate. Secure the end with tape on the back side of the plate. Wrap yarn lines across the plate, securing the yarn into the notches as you go. Continue wrapping in a haphazard pattern until your web is complete.
Make the Spider’s Body
Begin by wrapping the yarn around three fingers. (We wrapped ours around about 60 times.) Carefully nudge the yarn off your fingers, then tie a short piece of yarn around the circled yarn and tie tightly. Cut the loops of the yarn to create a fuzzy pompom. Trim the pompom to your desired size.
Make the Spider’s Legs
Cut your two pipe cleaners in half. Twist the four pieces of pipe cleaner together in the middle and space them apart. Bend the ends of each piece to create the spider’s feet. Glue the pompom onto the middle of the pipe cleaners. Finish your fuzzy spider by gluing eyes onto the pompom.
These would look so fun on a mantle with this Creepy Banner! If you’re looking for more spider crafts, be sure to check out these Paper Spiders.
- DIY Spell Books for a Darling Witch Halloween Mantle
- Decomposers Free Halloween Decor Prints
- Unique Halloween Neighbor Gift Ideas
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- White Witch Elegant Halloween Party
- GLOW GUIDE: Glow in the dark Party Ideas
- Blacklight Party DIY Glow Bubbles Recipe
- Spider Egg Popcorn Recipe
- Dangling Eyeballs & 12 Free Halloween Printables
- Easy Googly Eye Pumpkins
- Halloween FAIRY SPRITE COSTUME with Martha Stewart
- Poison Ivy Bath Salts