I have a new free printable Thanksgiving banner to share. I’ve been pulling out our Thanksgiving decorations this week, and I’m excited to get this new “Give Thanks” banner hung up — I really love the colors!
thanksgiving banner ideas
I now have 3 different Thanksgiving banner templates available in my blog archives:
- A few years ago I created this “Blessed” banner that had a more traditional Fall color scheme.
- This colorful “Give Thanks” feels so bright, cheerful and perfectly suited to the season.
- I also created a similar Black & White “Give Thanks” banner if that’s more your style.
I made the decorative pennants for this Thanksgiving banner extra-skinny, reminiscent of feathers. I haven’t decided whether to thread the pennants on the twine or used clothespins — what do you think?
how to assemble your Thanksgiving banner
If you haven’t made a banner before, you’ll be glad to know it’s super easy.
- Print out the free template (available through the link below)
- Cut out each pennant. I like to use a straight cutter to do the 3 straight sides, and then I use sharp scissors to cut the end with the inverted V shape.
- Now for hanging! You can really use ribbon, twine or string — I’ve even used metal chain. Depending on where you’ll be hanging your banner you’ll need about 6-8 feet of length.
- Decide if you want to thread your banner onto the string or clip the pennants with clothespins or other decorative clips like my favorite bulldog clips.
- If threading, skip the hole punch and instead use a craft knife to slit the upper corners of each pennant then slide them onto the string. If clipping, I like to hang up my string first then attach each pennant one by one.
More easy thanksgiving decoration ideas
- Mason Jar Pumpkin
- Simple Thankful Sign
- Thankful Bunting
- Reversible Holiday Porch Sign
- Fabric Turkey Sign
- Rosemary Placecard Wreath
- Magnolia Leaf Paper Garland
- DIY Harvest Wheat Bundle
- Reversible Thanksgiving Banner
- “Thankful” Pillow Tutorial + Free SVG File
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Pie Tags
- Moana’s Realm of Monster’s Tomatoa Party
- “Diaper Bash” Emoji Party Ideas for a Funny Emoji Baby Shower
- Hello Sailor Baby Shower Ideas
- Handmade Holiday Decor + Free Printables
- Father’s Day Free Printable Banner
- Easy Tangled Party Invites
- Twenty One
- Farkle Game Set