A couple years ago Liam made his Dad a candy bowtie for Father’s Day at church. Not only did SuperDad enjoy it, Liam thought it was the best present ever for his special Dad. I’m not sure whom to credit for this idea, yet now we love Candy Bowties for Father’s Day around here!
The bowtie requires only two supplies: a bag of M&M’s and three pipe cleaners. If your SuperDad isn’t wild about chocolate, Skittles make an excellent bowtie as well!
To begin, twist the ends of the three pipe cleaners together to create one long strand. Set the M&M’s on a flat surface; without opening the bag, move the candy to the outside edges to provide slack in the middle. Centering the pipe cleaner strand on the bag, twist it around the bag two to three times, ending on the back of the M&M’s bag. Twist the pipe cleaners around each other to secure in place. The extra pipe cleaner length is ready to be wrapped around Daddy’s neck then secured in place with additional twisting.
These bowties would be perfect to give to Dad along with this free-printable Father’s Day Questionnaire from The Crafting Chicks.
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Mother’s Day Ideas on Studio 5
- DIY Teepee Kids Craft and Centerpiece
- Worksheet Wednesday: USA Flag Coloring Page
- Free Printable USA Banner for July 4th
- DIY Barbed Wire Decor
- Worksheet Wednesday: Make A Star
- Simple Father’s Day Gift
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Free Printable: Autumn Words