I have been hearing this question from my kiddos a lot lately, and school has only been out for about a week — it’s going to be a long summer!
After a quick brainstorming session, I thought I’d share my top ten, fun and practically free things to do. Of course everything seems to be more fun if Mom joins in as well, so I picked things that I actually want to do:
1. Paint an ocean landscape with watercolors.
2. Play hide & seek in the house — we love to turn the lights out and play in the dark.
3. Create a fort in the living room with couch cushions, chairs and blankets.
4. Make popcorn and watch a movie.
5. Do a science experiment.
6. Bake cookies and make surprise deliveries to family and friends.
7. Blast the radio and have a dance party.
8. Make paper airplanes and have a flying contest.
9. Do word-libs puzzles. Let the kids choose the words then read them aloud and laugh.
10. Play dress up and go all out, then take pictures.