While Aimée was over at my house yesterday for a photo shoot, Harrison asked to see our chickens. Superdad was happy to oblige and opened the back field gate letting our eager brood into the backyard — a treat for both Harrison and the hens, who aren’t often permitted to scavenge in the yard.
A few hours after Harrison had gone home, the chickens were still happily digging and pecking under our kumquat trees. Modette, who had just woken from a nap, was playing on my lap when she suddenly stopped. She’d caught a glimpse through our kitchen window of these funny, feathered creatures and couldn’t tear her eyes away. Modette (now 7 months) has just started sitting up on her own, so I placed her by the patio door where she had a good view of the chickens.
It was pure magic watching the baby and chicken interact — just who is checking out who here?
A few sharp taps on the window were evidence that the glass barrier is still a must — I guess tiny baby fingers look like a good snack to a chicken.
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Tin Can Drum Thanksgiving Kids Craft
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Make an Easy Mistletoe Ball
- Animal Charades with Animal Jam
- Free Printable Animal Ears with Animal Jam
- Help for Toddler Bumps & Bruises
- Make a Gold Medal
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Halloween Handwriting Printable