While Aimée was over at my house yesterday for a photo shoot, Harrison asked to see our chickens. Superdad was happy to oblige and opened the back field gate letting our eager brood into the backyard — a treat for both Harrison and the hens, who aren’t often permitted to scavenge in the yard.
A few hours after Harrison had gone home, the chickens were still happily digging and pecking under our kumquat trees. Modette, who had just woken from a nap, was playing on my lap when she suddenly stopped. She’d caught a glimpse through our kitchen window of these funny, feathered creatures and couldn’t tear her eyes away. Modette (now 7 months) has just started sitting up on her own, so I placed her by the patio door where she had a good view of the chickens.
It was pure magic watching the baby and chicken interact — just who is checking out who here?
A few sharp taps on the window were evidence that the glass barrier is still a must — I guess tiny baby fingers look like a good snack to a chicken.
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- Fun Family Game: Cover Your Assets Game Review
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Inside Out Free Printables + Movie Review
- We Heart Mom Coloring Banner
- Free Printable Animal Ears with Animal Jam
- Make an 80s Slip-Knot Friendship Bracelet
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- Primary Handwriting Paper
4 thoughts on “Modette, Meet Chickens”
How fun! I’m glad you took some photos…she’ll love seeing these photos when she’s older!
I like that Modette has a ‘comb’ to her hair just like the chicken :)
Me too! I’m so glad you noticed that ;)