I have fond memories of playing Farkle with my grandmother as a very young child. Last year a cousin reminded me of the game, and I fell quickly in love again. Farkle is truly fun for all ages, which means it is a great game for families — even my youngest can play. No doubt this game is meant for older players, but kids enjoy simply being included in a grown-up game and they LOVE throwing the dice (just try to keep them on the table!)
These Farkle Game Sets are a cinch to make and fairly inexpensive (I made mine for under $2.50 per set), so they are a great gift to make in bulk for neighbors and friends. All you need is six dice, a container and Farkle game instruction booklet.
I purchased my fun green dice in a 200-pack on Amazon for about $20, and the shipping was free! That was enough dice to make over 30 game sets. Amazon has smaller packs of dice available, or you could pick some up at a local store.
For the containers I used Grundtal metal tins from Ikea ($8 for a 3 pack). I love that they are magnetic so the game set can be stored on the fridge — that is where we keep our set handy. Plus a little gratifying bonus: I gave these out as gifts last year, and it has been fun when visiting friends this year to see the Farkle games on their refrigerators. If you don’t have an Ikea handy, you could also use a muslin bag or any other cute, little container.
Finally, download our free, printable instruction booklet template and you’re all set! I printed mine on glossy paper to make it a little more “professional” looking. Be sure to use text-weight paper (not heavy cardstock) so the booklets will fold up nicely without cracking.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- Pirate Party Ideas & Free Printable Pirate Party Pack
- Moana’s Realm of Monster’s Tomatoa Party
- Free Printable Multiplication Worksheets – Race the Clock!
- Free Printable Summer Reading Chart
- Make a Forest: DIY Paper Christmas Trees Decor
- Preppy Navy Valentines LOVE Banner
- Frozen Birthday Party Ideas
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Worksheet Wednesday: Patriotic Syllables