Hi Supermoms! It’s Sara from Confetti Sunshine here today to talk about chores. It’s always hard to get kids to do their chores. And, pretty much impossible to get them to do their chores willingly. Sheez, sometimes I even have to bribe myself into doing my chores, and I’m suppose to be the mom!
So I don’t think it ever hurts to try and make a daunting task a little more fun by turning it into a game. No matter how you run the chores at your house, just change the game rules as needed to accommodate things.
Have each child round up a game piece and decide how you want to play the game. You can hang the board on the fridge and everyday have your child move one space when their chores are done. Or you can have it be a race on a Saturday morning – each child moves one space for every chore they complete.
Whatever way you decide to play is sure to be a lot of fun! And remember, every time you land on a question mark you get to draw a card. With some cards being rewards and some extra chores it adds a great level of excitement.
Who knows, maybe you’ll want to jump in on the fun too. Do I hear a Kids -vs- Mom game?
Sara Schmutz is a confetti loving, party fanatic. She is always finding ways to celebrate every occasion. For party ideas, tips, and endless DIY ideas follow her blog Confetti Sunshine.
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes + Free Cutting Templates
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Teaching Kids to Clean
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Help for Toddler Bumps & Bruises
- Kid-Friendly Laptops at Staples
- Good As New