We threw a fun baby shower for our good friend who was expecting her first boy (she already has three girls). The party had a transportation theme and was a total surprise to Dana — we got her good! She thought we were having a small, belated birthday party for her husband Ryan. Aimee and I went all out and it turned out fabulous.
I borrowed the “Bump” sign from a local traffic-safety company. At first when I called, they didn’t know what to do with my request to rent just one sign. When I explained that it was for a baby shower, they forwarded my call to a manager who thought it sounded so funny that he just let us borrow the sign for the day. We brought cookies when we returned the sign, and I think they were pretty happy with the deal.
Traffic cone luminaries.
We had road signs everywhere…
…yes, even in the bathroom!
Traffic Light Flair buttons were the fun party favors!
Lots of yummy food including a “submarine sandwich” with pinwheel frills on top.
“Falling Rock” potato chips served in a plastic dump truck toy along with ranch “Dip” — we had a lot of fun coming up with the road-sign food labels.
Sea-Schooner gelatin cups made with Berry Blue Jell-o (it can be tough to find, but we picked ours up at Wal-Mart), an orange slice and toothpick paper sail.
The “Construct Your Own Soda” bar was a fun addition to the party. We had step-by-step instructions explaining to guests how to make an italian soda.
We certainly surprised her!
- Glow Guide: The Ultimate Black Light Party Ideas Guide
- End of School Year Party Ideas
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- “Second Star To The Right” Neverland Baby Shower
- Easy Fiesta Decor & Piñata Fringe Cut File
- Modern Summer BBQ Gourmet Lemonade Bar
- DIY Backyard Games Set
- Pirate Party Ideas & Free Printable Pirate Party Pack
- “Diaper Bash” Emoji Party Ideas for a Funny Emoji Baby Shower
- Hello Sailor Baby Shower Ideas
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Tangled Party Decor & Food