Skeleton Fun

harrison

As I was scouring the net trying to find some party-friendly Halloween activities, I came across Pin the Heart on the Skeleton (essentially a Halloween version of the classic game Pin the Tail on the Donkey). Although I read about it several places, I couldn’t find anywhere to purchase it. So, I took matters into my own hands and appliquéd one with recycled felt.

three

I recall last Halloween my friend Ashley wanted to make one. If I were a really good friend, I’d give her mine. But sewing it took a little while… so I’m keeping it. (Sorry, Ash. Lunch on me?) Instead, we’re offering Ashley (and all of you) a free skeleton pattern download. And I’m suggesting a quicker alternative: GLUE!

Simply download our free skeleton pattern; print on white paper; cut out bones; paste on black butcher paper; play. Or use our printable pattern to trace bones onto white felt then cut and paste (or applique if you want a project) onto black felt. It’s a fun game!

UPDATE: We now offer a free PRINTABLE version of Pin the Heart on the Skeleton that is even easier to make!!

About Aimée

Aimée is a co-founder and designer here at Paging Supermom. Although she dreams in pink, she wouldn’t trade her two energetic boys for anything. Between using The Force on surrounding battle droids and flying to infinity and beyond, Aimée enjoys squeezing in some personal creative time. With a background in advertising, marketing and design, she is proud to stay home raising her boys.

Comments

13 Responses to Skeleton Fun
  1. Ellen says:

How clever! I think making it out of felt would be much better than paper because you can always use fabric glue instead of sewing (appliqueing) the bones to felt. It would take the same amount of time, energy, and effort as paper. Felt wouldn’t tear like paper if mishandled accidently. Felt would also last for years to come. I am enjoying all of your Halloween ideas.

2. bettijo says:

This is so darn CUTE! I love it. Thanks for the pattern.

3. Ash says:

I actually made one last year!!! However, after tearing out too many stitches, I gave up and glued it on (you know my sewing skills…) I actually donated it to the boys preschool. Perhaps I should make a new, better one this year with the pattern and keep it for my kids! Thanks for once again makin’ it easy for me ;)

4. Dana Broderick says:

I love it! SO cute!! I want to try making it….we shall see. :)

5. Christy says:

I love this!

6. Kristen says:

LOVE this! I made one out of paper as a pattern and then used it to make one out of felt as well. I sewed a loop in the top of the black felt and used a tension rod to hang it in a doorway so that the kids could play with it. So cure! Thank you!!

7. Chris Norris says:

Sensational for my boys ‘spooky’ 7th birthday

8. […] our ghost play last year I threw together these easy felt ghost finger puppets on a whim with our skeleton game scraps. Our puppets were so effortless that I whipped up enough to pass out to our tiny neighbor […]

9. Christi says:

Love this! I’m going to try the felt version. Any tips on the best way to get the felt hearts to stick to the board through the game?

• aimee says:

Great question–I didn’t do anything to help the felt stick! We found felt on felt sticks quite easily, so no adhesives were needed for our games. We just pulled out our game again, and my boys still love it!

10. Tonia says:

Love this! But when cutting last night I noticed the pattern is two fingers short. Obviously I just cut out the extra but thoughtI would let you know!

11. Audrey says:

Love this pattern,, I am going to use it for a “Halloween Countdown” for my grandkids.. by Halloween,, they will have him all put together!!
    Thanks so much for sharing.

12. […] Aimée of “Paging Supermom” search the internet looking for a place to buy “Pin The heart on the Skeleton’ and when she ran into a dead-end; she took matters into her own hands and made one!  She appliquéd one with recycled felt and it took awhile hand sewing the bones on and suggests that the felt bones could be glued on.  Aimée has two downloadable patterns so you can pick the one you like best.  This is a game that kids will love and besides it can be a darling Halloween decoration.  Have a Halloween party and play “Pin The heart on the Skeleton Fun!  Thanks so much for sharing this adorable game.   Tutorial HERE! […]