I think we’re just about set for Christmas tomorrow. For my sanity, one of the most important preparations we make is getting our house clean. Perhaps I’m a bit OCD, but I just can’t enjoy the festivities unless everything is spic and span. My kids are usually fairly motivated to help out since I’ve told them that Santa might not leave toys if our house is messy.
Since the house is clean, I figured I’d snap a few pictures. (you know, since it doesn’t happen all that often!) Here is a peek at some of our decorations:
Our front room has green walls and I just love how it looks in there once transformed into our Christmas room.
One of my favorite little trinkets is this pewter Santa. I love that I can put him down low since the kids can’t really hurt him. He hangs out on top of our Twas the Night Before Christmas book.
Here is that OCD coming into play again — all our packages are wrapped in silver paper with green and turquoise grosgrain ribbon to coordinate with the tree.
Stepping outside our front door, Aunt Jenny and Grandpa are helping to get the Christmas Luminaries setup (and yes my girls are wearing sundresses on Christmas Eve — this is Phoenix, remember?)
We’ve only been in our home for a year and a half, but one of the things that attracted me to this neighborhood is that each year everyone sets up luminaries on Christmas Eve. Even before we lived here, we’ve come up to drive through and see all the beautiful Christmas lights.
Here’s wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- How to Host a Flower Arranging Party
- Is the New Beauty & the Beast Too Scary for Kids?
- Preppy Navy Valentines LOVE Banner
- Stocking Tags + 12 Free Christmas Printables
- Free Music Staff for Your Little Mozart
- Free Printable Whoopee Cushion Valentines
- MAKE A GIFT: Monogram Tea Towels
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies