Okay so it’s really 5 nights before Christmas, but I wanted to share this book with you. I’ve long adored the famous poem that was printed anonymously back in 1823, and this version illustrated by Matt Tavares is my favorite.
The black and white pencil drawings seem absolutely perfect — they are somehow magical, breathtaking and simple all at once.
It’s fascinating that this book’s text is shown exactly as it appeared in the original newspaper printing. I was surprised to see St. Nick actually calls his last two reindeer “Dunder and Blixem” instead of the “Donner and Blitzen” we commonly hear.
We read this story as a family every Christmas eve and it’s truly magical.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- 8 Freebies for the Fourth of July!
- Stocking Tags + 12 Free Christmas Printables
- Halloween FAIRY SPRITE COSTUME with Martha Stewart
- MAKE A GIFT: Monogram Tea Towels
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies
- St. Patrick’s Day Lollies
- Leprechaun Rainbow Mobile
- Pumpkin Pie Shortcut
- DIY Spooky Halloween Banner