My family loves the Olympics, and since I was a competitive swimmer growing up, I have a definite soft spot for the Summer Games. I just wanted to round up my favorite ideas for the Olympic Games for kids, in case you’d like to whip up some Olympic themed family fun this weekend!
This Olympic Torch Veggie Tray is a fun way to get kids to eat their veggies and it’s sure to get everybody in the Olympic spirit!
You can also channel the spirit of Rio with my fun Brazil banner that I made for the last summer games.
I really love this idea of making an Olympic Time Capsule — if you’ve done it with us in the past, now is the time to dig your time capsule out of the closet and do a little update. My favorite part is measuring how far everyone can jump and comparing the progress at the next Olympics! I’ve also updated our free printable Time Capsule template to be good to use in any year, so go grab that free download.
What would the Olympics be without Gold Medals? Your kids will have a great time using clay to sculpt their own Gold Medals.
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- How to Clean Pennies So They Really Shine + Free Printable
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Magic Yarn Ornaments
- Send a Hug
- Twenty Fun Story Times
- Make a Gold Medal
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- New 'Tangled' Short Opens in Theaters
- Kindergarten Lined Paper Free Printable Template
- Make a Paper Spider