Our families love the Olympics, and we had a lot of fun with Olympic craft ideas for the London Games. With the Winter Games opening in Sochi tomorrow night we thought we’d share some updates to put a Russian spin on things. Our favorite Olympic craft project from last time was the family Olympic Time Capsule. If your family did a time capsule too, it’s time to dig it out and let the kids see how far they’ve come! (We’d also love to see so share a photo on Instagram and be sure to tag @PagingSupermom and #SupermomMoment.)
We updated our printable time capsule memory book so now you can make one for the Sochi Games. Go here for all the Olympic Time Capsule instructions and download our free printable Sochi Olympic Memory Book template.
Two years ago for the Summer Games we made fun Royal Guard soldiers that we played with and then tucked away inside our Olympic Time Capsule. For the Winter Games in Sochi we are making a Matryoshka Russian Doll Craft. Download our free printable Sochi Olympics Russian Dolls template, and see below how you can use them a bunch of different ways…
String the Matryoshka dolls together horizontally or vertically or let the kids glue them to make a construction paper picture. Our girls even decided to play dolls with them, which is great too, but you better print several copies!
We also included a black and white version of the free printable Matroyshka Russian Dolls for kids who love to color.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Make the Moana Heart of Te Fiti
- Worksheet Wednesday: Rainbow Colors Worksheet
- Make Your Own Globe & Earth Day Ideas
- “He Lives” Free Printable Easter Banner
- Make an Easy Mistletoe Ball
- Shave Ice Party + Free Printables
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Primary Handwriting Paper