The end of the school year seems like a perfect time to throw a party! Here in Arizona, an end of school party almost surely involves swimming. Today I have some decor ideas and more fun activities to keep your crew entertained, even if you don’t have a swimming pool.
Need a few extra summer ideas while the kids are out of school? Here is a round up of colorful printables, treats and activities will help you beat the boredom blahs. Use these ideas to create a super playdate or a summertime-themed party; or use the activities al a carte as well.
A coloring page is sure to prompt imaginative summertime stories and laughter. Print several copies of our Summertime Coloring Page and offer a jar of crayons or coloring pencils to get the party started.
Before you head outside for more summertime fun in the sun, help everyone to stay hydrated by wrapping bottles of water with our Summer Fun Water Bottle Wraps paired with colorful silly straws.
summer party activities
Celebrate sunny days by making this dangling sun mobile. This Dangling Sun Kids Craft, similar to these Paper Plate Flowers, are a sure hit for your End of School party, or as a great way to pass the time this summer!
Poke a hole in the top of a mini paper plate and tie on a yarn loop for hanging. Decorate the back side of your plate with orange and yellow tissue paper squares. Cut yellow construction paper into long, 1-inch strips and glue ends together to form eight loops. Glue the loops around the perimeter of your decorated paper plate.
how to make the dangling sun kids craft
Begin by punching on the edge of a mini paper plate. String yarn through and make a loop for hanging. Turn the plate so the front is down and decorate the back side with orange and yellow tissue paper. Using one-inch strips glue the ends together to form eight loops. Glue the loops around the perimeter of your decorated paper plate. Glue a second paper plate over the ends of the loops, sandwiching them inside to secure them. Make sure you hanging loop doesn’t get glued in between the plates.
If your partygoers are pretty young, before the party you may want to cut the tissue paper into squares and construction paper into one-inch strips.
Sponge ball water games
What happens when you cross a carnival fish pond with a water fight? You get this Sponge Ball Gone Fishing Game! These fun Sponge Balls are great for playing fish or a tossing game.
how to make sponge balls
Sponge balls are a summertime favorite at our house, ever since we first saw them over on One Charming Party. That website is no longer available, but they’re simple enough to make:
- Purchase a few packages of sponges in a variety of colors. You’ll need three sponges to make each sponge ball.
- We like to use 3 different colors of sponges for each of the balls. Divide up your sponges into different color combinations.
- Cut a sponge in half, length-wise, then in half again to make 4 long, equal pieces. Repeat this step with the other 2 sponges.
- Take all 12 sponge pieces and arrange them in your hand in a random color order. Holding the clump of sponge pieces tightly, give them a little twist to hold in place. Have a helper tie a piece of dental floss tightly around the center, using a double knot.
- Trim the edges of the floss and let go of the sponge, it should fluff right up!
Next create a fishing pole from a dowel, string and clothespin. Take turns being the fisherman or the one to clip the sponges onto the pole and toss them back over. Either way you get wet!
Afterwards, stash these Sponge Balls in your pool/beach bag or throw them in with the tub toys — kids absolutely love them!
Make up these free printable water gun targets for another fun water game.
Summer party treats
Cool treats, like popsicles and ice cream, are a fitting way to celebrate the end of the school year and the start of Summer! I found inexpensive popsicles that matched the colors of our party. I love these mini cups which are the perfect size for serving ice cream to little kids.
Keep your cool with these summertime treats. Everyone screams for ice cream, and these adorable green polka dot nut cups hold the perfect, kid-sized portion. Pair them with miniature green ice cream spoons and they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Well it certainly can’t be a Summer Fun party without popsicles. Serve up a colorful array on a round platter. In between licks your little ones can exercise their math skills by decoding the secret message in our Popsicle Math Worksheet.Download the Summer Fun Printable Party Pack
- Summer Fun Printable Pack
- Summertime Coloring Page
- Water Gun Targets
- Squirt Guns (similar to shown)
- Green Ice Cream Spoons
- Green Nut Cups
- Round Platter (similar to shown)
- Lemon Drop Candies
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- "Second Star To The Right" Neverland Baby Shower
- Easy Fiesta Decor + Free Fringe Cut File
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- Frozen Birthday Party Ideas
- Frozen Birthday Cake Ideas: Snowball Tower
- How to Host a Rapunzel Party
- Pirate Birthday Party Printables
- Pregnancy Cravings Party Printables
- Circle Garland Baby Shower Invites
- Tangled Party Games & Activities
- Tangled Birthday Party Invitation