You are not going to believe how easy it is to make adorable faux Chalkboard Gift Tags using just black cardstock and chalk. There’s a bit of a secret to it, but I’ve got all the details for you, and the best part is you just might have everything you need on hand to do this cute holiday gift-wrap idea.
Although this idea is totally simple, I think the resulting tags are darling. Plus this project incorporates two interesting Chalk Secrets:
No. 1. Chalk writes surprisingly well on black paper… for simple projects like this one, skip the chalk paint and just use black cardstock to create your “chalkboard” surface.
No. 2 Hairspray sets chalk drawings… after creating my tags I realized that the chalk was going to smudge and smear — not very practical for gift tags. Then I remembered this foggy tidbit that was floating around in my mind. I sprayed my tag with hairspray and the chalk immediately disappeared. Disappointed that I’d remembered wrong, I tossed the tag in the trash. While working on Plan B, I happened to pass by the trash can and saw that my chalk drawing had reappeared. So don’t be alarmed when the hairspray makes your chalk masterpiece invisible; it will reappear as soon as it dries. Surely there must be some application here for an amazing magic trick??
For all the details be sure to check out our article over at RaisingArizonaKids.com.
- How to Clean Pennies So They Really Shine + Free Printable
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- DIY Backyard Games Set
- Fun Family Game: Cover Your Assets Game Review
- Free Printable Multiplication Worksheets – Race the Clock!
- Free Printable Animal Ears with Animal Jam
- Make an 80s Slip-Knot Friendship Bracelet
- Make a Gold Medal
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Halloween Handwriting Printable
2 thoughts on “The Secret To Easy Chalkboard Gift Tags”
I love your idea. It’s simple and easy to make but far useful and pretty~ Thanks ~
Super cute and simple idea! Love it!