I’m heading downtown to the local NBC station today to tape a segment for Arizona Midday filled with ideas for what to do with the kids this summer. If you’re local, tune into Channel 12 at 1pm today to watch me. Below are quick links to the ideas I’ll be including to help moms everywhere get geared up for battling summer boredom. Also if you’re in Phoenix area, be sure to get the details on my BIG Summer Kick-Off party coming up this Saturday, May 20.
UPDATE: You can watch a replay of the segment over on Arizona Midday’s website. Also check out this video I shared of us making the Hose Wall Murals… there were a couple people on Facebook who thought we’d Photoshopped the pic so we made a video!
1. BORED BOX. When the kids say, “I’m Bored!” hand them this!
2. PICK-AN-ACTIVITY STICKS. A jar full of color-coded popsicle sticks for summer activity ideas on demand.
3. BRAIN QUEST WORKBOOKS. Keep kids #SummerSmart without any hassle.
4. SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR TEENS. It’s tough to hold the interest of older kiddos — try these ideas.
5. BOOKS ALIVE SERIES. More than 50 fun projects to go along with our favorite children’s books.
6. FREE PRINTABLE READING REWARDS CHART. Customized rewards will really motivate your kids to get reading.
About the author
Bettijo is the founder and designer of Paging Supermom where she shares what she's dreamed up for family fun. Known for practical and kid-friendly activities, free printables and simple ideas for holidays. She is a single mom of three girls and one boy. Bettijo was a guest on the Martha Stewart Show and has frequently appeared on local television. Her work has also been featured in national magazines including Real Simple, O, Redbook, Parents, Family Circle, and Health. During quieter moments, she enjoys art, retro-modern design, photography and making new things. Bettijo lives with her four kiddos in Phoenix, Arizona.