I recently had this idea to stamp baby’s footprint onto tea towels as a mother’s day gift, and now I am really wishing I’d made one of these with all of my newborns. Wouldn’t that be such a fun little collection to have?
Since my baby boy isn’t here yet, my good friend Sarah was kind enough to lend me her darling daughter’s foot. We used my favorite thirsty, flour-sack towels. Brush the sole of baby’s foot with acrylic craft paint in the color of your choice. Carefully stamp onto a corner of the towel. We ended up stamping the two opposite corners on each towel just for extra fun.
By the way, I have done quite a few painted-fabric crafts (including these similar monogram tea towels) with just the regular, inexpensive, acrylic craft paint. I never pay extra for the stuff intended for fabric, and my projects have held up just fine.
I’m thinking these are perfect Mother’s Day gifts for the grandmas. Download our free printable Baby’s First Mother’s Day Gift Band to package the towels up nicely for gifting. The template is setup to print in black and white on colored cardstock.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Pie Tags
- How to Host a Flower Arranging Party
- Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Free BOO! EEK! Halloween Gift Tags
- New Gender Reveal Party Printables
- Easy Statue of Liberty Crown
- Twister-Inspired “Loopsy” Party Game
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Tangled Party Decor & Food