Fall always puts me in the mood for popcorn balls! A traditional caramel popcorn recipe could have you fussing with a thermometer and standing over the stove stirring for what might seem like forever, which is why I adore this shortcut recipe. The secret is the marshmallows — this is as easy to make as rice krispy treats and incredibly delicious.
STRESS-FREE CARAMEL POPCORN BALLS
:: 2 sticks butter
:: 1 cup brown sugar
:: 1/2 bag (10.5 oz.) mini marshmallows
:: 2 bags microwave popcorn
Pop both bags of popcorn (do you know our microwave popcorn trick?!), then pour into a large mixing bowl. Be careful to leave out any un-popped kernels. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then stir in brown sugar and marshmallows. Continue stirring until marshmallows have melted and the ingredients are well combined. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and mix well.
Once cooled shape into balls or as darling corn cobs like we did here. After washing and drying your hands, coat fingers with a tiny bit of vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Grab a couple heaping handfuls of popcorn mixture and press together to form your balls or cobs.
Of course you can also just eat up the Caramel Popcorn right then and there — since this recipe is quick and uses ingredients we always have on hand, it’s our go-to family game night treat!
And her are some more fun Halloween ideas from our archive… click a photo to get the details!
- Easy Halloween Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Tacos Recipe
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Modern Summer BBQ Gourmet Lemonade Bar
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Moana Party Food Ideas: Pulled Pork & Pineapple Coleslaw
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- Woodland Witch Halloween Dinner Party
- “Diaper Bash” Emoji Party Ideas for a Funny Emoji Baby Shower
- Spider Egg Popcorn Recipe
- Winnie the Pooh Movie Playdate
- How to Make Easter Egg Dye