I just love it when couples come up with clever ways to announce they’re expecting. I have friends who are going to visit their family this weekend and are planning to announce the news by hand delivering to the lucky Grandma and Grandpa-to-be an invitation to the baby’s birth.
They asked me to help create the invite, and their only requests were that it look formal and have no graphics that would give away the secret — they really wanted his parents to have to read the invitation to figure it out.
I used Bickham Script for the invitation wording because it is super elegant and fairly legible, although we all liked the idea that a scripty font would be a little trickier to decipher — almost like a secret code hiding their exciting news.
What are some of the funnest ways you’ve seen to announce a baby?
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- DEAL ALERT: Emoji Valentines + Fab Spring Bundle
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Disney’s New Cars Movie: Is Cars 3 Worth Seeing?
- Is the New Beauty & the Beast Too Scary for Kids?
- Mom Style: How to Wear a Floral Skirt
- Make an Easy Mistletoe Ball
- Help for Toddler Bumps & Bruises
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Free Music Staff for Your Little Mozart
- Babies Don’t Keep