Grab your white lab coats and meet us in the Paging Supermom Pop-Up Mad Laboratory — something sinister and fun awaits!
Kids of all ages will get a thrill trying to identify chilling specimens in this fun, Halloween game. For any of you school homeroom moms, this activty would make a great idea for a Halloween class party. It is surprisingly easy to construct your own Mad Lab at home using our free printables. It all begins with our Mad Laboratory Backdrop. Download, print and tape into place to set the scene. We added inexpensive test tubes filled with a mysterious, green solution (neon food coloring + water) to bring the lab to life.
Use recycled jars, spray-painted black to cloak the specimens. Download and print the Mad Lab Specimen Labels and affix to jars.
TO PLAY: Fill painted jars with items recommended above, or use your imagination to substitute as needed. Have your little Mad Scientists take turns reaching in to feel each jar’s contents, trying to determine what each specimen really is. Have them record their findings on the Mad Lab Experiment Forms.
Younger children may not be able to identify the specimens by touch, but they will still enjoy experiencing them and can describe them with words like “slimey” or “squishy” etc. The labels and jars can also be used to hold spooky treats on a Halloween Party food table.
Check out these other ideas for eerie Mad Lab fun…
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake - Perfect Every Time
- Stocking Tags + 12 Free Christmas Printables
- Airheads Valentine Template
- Free Printable Whoopee Cushion Valentines
- How to Get a Postmarked Letter from Santa
- Send a Hug
- Tangled Party Decor & Food
- Make a Paper Spider
- DIY Spooky Halloween Banner