Last year I ordered my boys Easter ties that didn’t arrive in time to wear to church on Easter Sunday. I was desperate for a quick solution, as I wanted them to have a perfectly complete springy outfit! So, in a moment of Superdom, as we were rushing to get ready, I threw together a couple of NO-SEW burlap bow ties. It takes just seconds, and they looked adorable!!
All you need to make the bow tie:
:: Safety pin
:: An extra set of hands
To get started, cut a strip of burlap about 1-1/2 to 2 inches wide by 18-24″. Holding fabric taut, have someone place their index fingers on the burlap. The width of the fingers will be the exact width of your finished bow tie. Fold the ends over the fingers; twist the fabric where it meets in the middle.
Take one lose end of burlap and wrap it up and around. Take the other end, and wrap down and around.
Tie a simple knot. As you pull the ends, direct them parallel to the bow.
Using a safety pin, secure bow tie to your little gentleman’s neck. If necessary, trim any excess burlap.
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Mother’s Day Ideas on Studio 5
- DIY Barbed Wire Decor
- Pin a Bowtie on the Skeleton Game
- Worksheet Wednesday: Make A Star
- Simple Father’s Day Gift
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Christmas Alphabet Dot-to-Dot
- Country Ghost Party: Recipes
- Where’s the Green?