Let me just begin with an apology for the poor photo quality. I forgot to bring along my real camera so I did my best with poor lighting and my iphone. I wasn’t planning to post about this event, but we ended up getting requests for the free printables we used to decorate the tables, so we decided to share them even if we are embarrassed by the photos. UPDATE: Thanks to Jamielyn we now have some better photos!
I am a huge fan of White Christmas… both the movie and the snowy holiday. So I was excited when Jamielyn told me that would be the theme for Glitter Academy — an AZ craft night and blogger meet up that is so much fun!
Aimée and I were in charge of the menus and event decor. We used our glitter glue recipe to paint a shimmery effect over the words Glitter Academy… you can barely see it in the photo above if you sort of squint and turn your head (LOL! again SORRY about the pics!). I love the way this glitter glue adds a glittery touch that is not overpowering plus it’s way less messy than the traditional glittering process. If you look closely you will also notice the sweet gold paper clip & yarn bookmarks we attached to the menus.
We had been told the tables would have white linen cloths provided by the restaurant, but when we arrived there were no cloths. I was worried for a minute, but actually the way the white decorations stand out against the deep wood tables was really beautiful. We lined the tables with layers of about 8 strands of chunky, homespun yarn in both white and cream. Then we added our favorite white IKEA 4×6 frames filled with these fun White Christmas and Winter Wonderland phrases. We scattered on white and gold ornaments for the finishing touch.
The girls over at Petite Party Studio decorated this darling dessert table, and I’m still dreaming about the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes from Inspired Sugar… seriously they were divine. I’ve eaten a lot of cupcakes, and I think it was THE. BEST. EVER. For real. I’m trying to come up with an excuse to order them… my birthday in June is just too far away.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Moana’s Realm of Monster’s Tomatoa Party
- Free Printable Branding Worksheet
- “He Lives” Free Printable Easter Banner
- Free BOO! EEK! Halloween Gift Tags
- Stocking Tags + 12 Free Christmas Printables
- Winnie the Pooh Movie Playdate
- How to Assess and Prepare your Kid’s Kindergarten Readiness