When a review copy of this new book called Extra Yarn arrived on my doorstep, I first thought it was a craft book of ideas to use up yarn leftovers from crochet or knitting projects. When I peaked inside I was surprised to find one of the most adorable picture books I’ve seen in some time…
We first meet Annabelle “on a cold afternoon, in a cold little town, where everywhere you looked was either the white of snow or the black of soot from chimneys.” Annabelle brings color and warmth to her town when she decides to share both her knitting talent and the extra yarn she found in a mysterious box.
Of course a magic box filled with yarn of every color that never seems to run out is bound to attract the attention of some shady characters. Suffice it to say that, in the end, the greedy are disappointed, and the moral of the story is that only sharing can bring happiness.
The quirky illustrations perfectly match the simple and sweet storyline, and together this book will make you feel all warm and cozy inside — almost as if Annabelle knit one of her sweaters just for you.
Although Extra Yarn is brand new (in fact it won’t technically be released until tomorrow January 17), it reads like a classic and for just $10 on Amazon.com, we think it is a must-have for your family’s bookshelf.
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft
- Tin Can Drum Thanksgiving Kids Craft
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- “Second Star To The Right” Neverland Baby Shower
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- DIY Backyard Games Set
- STEM Fun: How to Make Bristle Bots
- Free Printable Water Gun Targets
- Make Your Own Globe & Earth Day Ideas
- Caramel Corncobs Recipe
- Name The Picture – Short “O”
- Kindergarten Lined Paper Free Printable Template
1 thought on “Extra Yarn”
Annabelle is doing what we call in the art world as ‘Yarn Bombing’. Can’t wait to read this book to my kids!