With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we’ve dedicated this week to our favorite fixings. Beyond the turkey and mashed potatoes, these side dishes add to the feeling of bounty that makes Thanksgiving Dinner a true feast! First up, my recipe for Ranch Dip. Anyone been assigned a veggie platter? Skip the store-bought dip for this simple and delicious one you can make yourself.
Hard work isn’t the only way to greatness — sometimes laziness will do just as well. Want an example? Take my Ranch Dip recipe (if you can even call it a recipe). It requires two ingredients: (1) pint of sour cream and (2) packet of ranch dressing mix — no not the special dip mix that they charge extra for, just the ordinary salad dressing mix. Even the no-name store brand works nicely. (See, I’m being lazy AND saving money!)
UPDATE: Now make it healthier too: I have actually been substituting plain, nonfat greek yogurt for the sour cream in this recipe for well over a year. The kids eat it up just the same, which is a really good thing when you have a two year old who likes to use a carrot as a “spoon” to eat dip!
Here’s what you do: tear open the packet and stir into the sour cream. That’s it. You’re done. You don’t even have to move it to a new container if you don’t want to.
I have been doing this for years and never thought much of it until I started getting requests for my ranch dip “recipe.” I would always laugh as I explained this little Supermom Secret Recipe and pretty soon whoever asked was laughing too. Hey, with everything we moms have to do, thank heaven some things are easy.
- Easy Halloween Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Tacos Recipe
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Modern Summer BBQ Gourmet Lemonade Bar
- Moana Party Food Ideas: Pulled Pork & Pineapple Coleslaw
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- Moana Kakamora Treat Bars
- “Diaper Bash” Emoji Party Ideas for a Funny Emoji Baby Shower
- Spider Egg Popcorn Recipe
- Winnie the Pooh Movie Playdate
- How to Make Easter Egg Dye
- My Favorite Christmas Treat