Most of the recipes we’ve seen out there include white chocolate, but we aren’t big fans. This version is an ooey-gooey goodness of buttery, caramel popcorn mixed with a fresh peppermint crunch. It’s nothing short of spectacular. Seriously you should make some today too.
THE BEST CANDY CANE POPCORN RECIPE
2 sticks Butter
Half a Bag of Large Marshmallows (about 22)
3 bags of Microwave Popcorn
1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
4 Candy Canes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon Salt
TO MAKE: Begin by melting the butter and marshmallows together in a large pan (I use my Le Creuset for everything!). While the mixture is melting, get your popcorn popping (be sure to check out our Microwave Popcorn Trick) Next crush up the candy canes — the kids love to help with this part. By the way, if you don’t have Peppermint Extract try making it with double the amount of candy canes. Once marshmallows are completely melted turn off the heat and add peppermint extract, candy canes and salt. Stir to combine then gradually add in the popped popcorn. Be sure not to let any unpopped kernels into the pot (nobody wants a chipped tooth!). Stir gently until popcorn is evenly coated. Eat warm or cool — either way it’s delicious.
You can also package this popcorn up to give with our free printable Candy Cane Popcorn Gift Labels.
If you love peppermint too then be sure to checkout these other posts:
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes + Free Cutting Templates
- Easy Halloween Dinner Ideas
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Instant Pot Tacos Recipe
- Super Dad Father’s Day Candy Bar Wrap
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Olympics Craft Idea: Printable Russian Dolls
- Shave Ice Party + Free Printables
- How to Assess and Prepare your Kid’s Kindergarten Readiness
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- Welcome to Piper’s Lalaloopsy Party