We’ve been dying to share some news with you… Aimée and I are officially cover girls! We contribute a monthly craft to local parenting magazine Raising Arizona Kids, and this summer they asked us to do a special feature on how to stave off summer boredom. Check out the cover:
We thought you might enjoy a look behind the scenes at our cover shoot back in May:
We made the fireworks on the wall with American Crafts Glitter Tape — LOVE this stuff! We used patriotic colors but there are more than a dozen different colors and sizes available. You can get Glitter Tape at most craft stores or check out the full line at AmericanCrafts.com.
Our kids were on set too. Trying to get a photo with everyone happy and looking at the camera was quite the challenge for Raising Arizona Kid’s staff photographer Daniel Friedman.
Aimée and Harrison are shown below playing with our Firecracker Noisemaker, which was also included in the July issue of Raising Arizona Kids.
This shot of Aimée and I with all our kiddos was my favorite — too bad it was too many faces to work with all the text that has to go on a cover. They did include this one on the magazine’s index page and now my girls are telling everyone that they’re “Famous!”
A few outtakes from the cover shot… boy do we look silly!
Photos courtesy of Daniel Friedman and Michelle Adams of Raising Arizona Kids.
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- How to Clean Pennies So They Really Shine + Free Printable
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Make the Moana Heart of Te Fiti
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Send a Hug
- Twenty Fun Story Times
- Have a Slice of Fraction Pie
- Homemade Aromatherapy Playdough
- Tangled Party Games & Activities