So I bet I know what Aimee’s thinking, “If ever there was a time of year to bake a pie, Thanksgiving is it!” And she’s right. BUT, after all the wonderful homemade goodness that fills our bellies at Thanksgiving dinner, I doubt if anyone would balk at a less-than-homemade pie for dessert.
Of course if you’ve got Martha on your guest list then you better play it straight. If not, then there are lots of options: restaurants, bakeries, even your local grocer probably has a few tasty options (perhaps a preview ahead of time might be in order?). For serving a crowd, one of Costco’s incredibly delicious and GIANT pies does the job quite nicely.
Consider this the Supermom stamp of approval to skip the “homemade” in pie this year and use the time saved to do something fun with the kids.
It’s not that I’ve never made pumpkin pie; I have and will again, but still if anyone asks me for my favorite pie recipe, I’d probably give them driving directions to the nearest Costco.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Super-Easy Girls Cat Costume
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- How to do a Halloween Cake Walk
- Mom Style: How to Wear a Floral Skirt
- BOO! EEK! Free Printable Halloween Banner
- Free Decorative Valentine’s Banner
- Teacher Appreciation Door Decorating
- Stocking Tags + 12 Free Christmas Printables
- Worksheet Wednesday: Easter Egg Fractions