So I bet I know what Aimee’s thinking, “If ever there was a time of year to bake a pie, Thanksgiving is it!” And she’s right. BUT, after all the wonderful homemade goodness that fills our bellies at Thanksgiving dinner, I doubt if anyone would balk at a less-than-homemade pie for dessert.
Of course if you’ve got Martha on your guest list then you better play it straight. If not, then there are lots of options: restaurants, bakeries, even your local grocer probably has a few tasty options (perhaps a preview ahead of time might be in order?). For serving a crowd, one of Costco’s incredibly delicious and GIANT pies does the job quite nicely.
Consider this the Supermom stamp of approval to skip the “homemade” in pie this year and use the time saved to do something fun with the kids.
It’s not that I’ve never made pumpkin pie; I have and will again, but still if anyone asks me for my favorite pie recipe, I’d probably give them driving directions to the nearest Costco.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- Free Printable Summer Reading Chart
- My 7 Best Father’s Day Ideas – Dad Will Love
- BOO! EEK! Free Printable Halloween Banner
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Handmade Holiday Decor + Free Printables
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Free Music Staff for Your Little Mozart
- MAKE A GIFT: Monogram Tea Towels