Heather C., a Supermom of two, from Dunkirk, MD, said:
Most moms know eating brown rice is better for us, but it just takes too long to make — especially because I always forget until it’s too late, and the meal is less than an hour away. I figured out that it takes the same amount of time to cook a little or a lot of brown rice. So I started making a larger pot. I’ll make a double or triple batch; then I’ll freeze the extras in meal-size portions. I essentially get two or three meals of brown rice out of one prep time.
When thawing the brown rice I add a tiny bit of water to the bowl and cover before putting in the microwave. (You can do this same thing with white rice.) The texture probably isn’t perfect but you probably won’t mind it at all, unless perhaps you’ve spent time overseas and have a super rice nose. I also love using my frozen rice to make fried rice super-fast.
What a great shortcut to quicker dinners — thanks Heather for that Super-tip!
Have a Super-tip to share? We’d love to hear your secrets for getting your day going, the kids ready and off to school. Email your tip to email@example.com. We just might publish your Super-tip next!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Teaching Kids to Clean
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Help for Toddler Bumps & Bruises
- Kid-Friendly Laptops at Staples
- Good As New