Our neighbor, Superkid Sara, put together an activity for the kids at our block party a couple weeks ago. She did an excellent job–all the kids were lining up for their turn to marble paint. Although Sara wrote the directions for the participants, I was lucky enough to get a tutorial from her towards the end of the evening. Check it out… this could be a great way to squeeze in one last Christmas craft this week.
:: Paint (3-5 colors)
:: Marbles (at least one per paint color)
:: Cardboard box lid (a lid from a Xerox paper box would be perfect)
:: Paper (Sara used green construction paper cut into the shape of a Christmas tree)
Place paper in the bottom of your cardboard box lid. Dip marbles in paint then set in lid. Gently lift lid and tilt side to side so marbles roll and spread paint. Set lid down; remove picture. Let dry.
Don’t I have the best neighbors?
- Celebrating Grandparents
- From Sea to Shining Sea Patriotic Printable
- Box Game Boredom Buster
- Worksheet Wednesday: Printable Periodic Table
- Worksheet Wednesday: What’s the Contiguous United States?
- Simple Father’s Day Gift
- DIY Ninja Game
- Worksheet Wednesday: Christmas Counting
- Halloween Carnival Cupcake Walk Kit
- Country Ghost Party: Recipes
- Free Printable: Autumn Words
- Squatting the Baby Days Away