Today I have a quick tutorial for the easiest girls cat costume. I dress up like a witch for Halloween every year, and of course a witch needs her trusty black cat. My little Modette was only too happy to oblige. Here is her adorable black cat costume that you can make in minutes.
Black Cat Costume Supplies
This girls cat costume is so easy to whip up even at the last minute. We had most of these items in our kid’s Bored Box already. I am guessing you might be able to make this black cat costume with things in your craft stash as well. Here’s what you need…
- Black Felt
- 3-6 Black Piper Cleaners
- Medium-Size Pom Poms (pink, black, gray or tan)
- Tongue Depressor or Clear Elastic Cording
Simple GIRLS Cat Costume TUTORIAL
- MAKE THE CAT EARS. Cut black felt triangles to create cat ears. If you would like a tracing guide, check out our free printable animal ear templates. Glue the felt pieces around a black headband.
- MAKE THE CAT WHISKERS. Next, take three black pipe cleaners and twist them together in the center to create whiskers. Glue on a pom pom nose right over the part where the pipe cleaners are twisted.
Our little kitty didn’t want something on her face so we glued her whiskers to a tongue depressor stick. If you want a hands-free version, attach the whiskers to clear elastic cording. Alternatively you can also draw on the whiskers with a black eyeliner.
Aimee’s son is wild about cats, and, since this black cat costume is so easy, we decided to whip him up his own. We used a pink pom pom for the nose on the girls cat costume and black pom pom for the boy’s version. Aren’t both kitties just adorable? MEOW!
Want more No-Sew costume ideas? Check out our easy No-Sew Ninja costume idea.
Here are 10 more SUPER-SIMPLE kids Halloween costume ideas…
- No-Sew Donut Costume
- Mike Wazowski Inspired Costume
- Adorable Flower Basket Costume
- No-Sew Bee Costume
- Cute Jellyfish Costume
- Moana Inspired Costume
- Beeker Muppet Inspired Costume
- Game Boy Inspired Baby Costume
- Paint Palette Costume
- Round-up of Simple Costumes for Teens
About the author
Bettijo is the founder and designer of Paging Supermom where she shares what she's dreamed up for family fun. Known for practical and kid-friendly activities, free printables and simple ideas for holidays. She is a single mom of three girls and one boy. Bettijo was a guest on the Martha Stewart Show and has frequently appeared on local television. Her work has also been featured in national magazines including Real Simple, O, Redbook, Parents, Family Circle, and Health. During quieter moments, she enjoys art, retro-modern design, photography and making new things. Bettijo lives with her four kiddos in Phoenix, Arizona.