I told my oldest daughter that she could pick the paint color for her room. Big surprise, she picked pink. What I hadn’t really planned on, though, was the incredibly bright shade she set her heart on. It is in the neighborhood of hot pink and aptly named “Invitation to a Princess.” Perhaps I should not have told her the name — it most certainly didn’t help dissuade her from the color.
Since I had already agreed to let her pick, I didn’t go back on my word. I did, however, have to draw the line at her request that the ceiling be painted pink too. Once I found this wallpaper I gained hope that her bold pink choice could really work. We’ve got a few more things to do before the girls’ room is complete. Stay tuned for lots of pictures.
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- DEAL ALERT: Emoji Valentines + Fab Spring Bundle
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- How to Host a Flower Arranging Party
- Is the New Beauty & the Beast Too Scary for Kids?
- Mom Style: How to Wear a Floral Skirt
- Make an Easy Mistletoe Ball
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Free Music Staff for Your Little Mozart
- Yippee Baby Gender Reveal Party
3 thoughts on “Be Careful What You Promise”
Wow! I even need sunglasses to look at this photo! How fun, how sweet! It’s just paint, right? Enjoy it now because you’ll be sad when your big girl is done with “invitation to a princess” and wants to paint it a boring yellow or something.
Actually I really like it! And I’m excited to see what your going to do with it.
On the plus side, she’ll always remember that you let her do it. My daughter is older, but she’s going through a “part the bangs in the middle phase.” She’s likely to blame me for that one later, but I’ve documented some of her comments for a future defense. She once told me, “Mom, I want my bangs to look like curtains.”