A couple weeks ago I was asked to share some thoughts on cultivating a good life over at Becky Higgin’s blog. If you are not familiar with Becky then you need to learn all about Project Life — her super-simple scrapbooking solution that is guaranteed to make you feel like a Supermom.
In my post on Becky’s blog, I talked about accepting imperfections. It’s probably not hard to believe that both Aimée and I are perfectionists. In fact, we are so good at pushing each other’s ideas to be better that we can often get so lost in the details, which can mean a lot of time wasted.
Since motherhood is a messy business and perfect is generally nowhere in sight, I think that’s the main reason we love blogging so much. We both crave the thrill of taming chaos (like the mess you see above during a recent photoshoot) into a perfect shot:
I like to think of us now as recovering perfectionists, but of course it is still (and will likely always be) a struggle to keep a good perspective. Go here to read more about how we’re learning to create a perfectly, imperfect life.
- I'll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask - No Sewing Needed!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake - Perfect Every Time
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Yippee Baby Gender Reveal Party
- Baby's First Christmas Ornament + Big News
- Glitter Love Free Printables!
- Clever Remedy for Medicine Fights
- Pumpkin Pie Shortcut
- Supermom Secret: Fresh, Homemade Bread