Our friends over at Phoenix NBC’s Arizona Midday have asked us to come on today and share tips for keeping kids busy while they’re home for Spring Break. We will be sharing some fun ideas to not only curb boredom, but encourage kids to READ (every mom’s dream, right?!). If you’re local, be sure to tune in to Channel 12 at 1pm. For you non-Arizonans hopefully we’ll have a link to the segment to share online later this afternoon or this weekend.
A little peek at what we’ll be sharing:
1. Night of the Ninjas from the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne :: 2. Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Connor :: 3. Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller :: 4. DogFish by Gillian Shields
WHAT TO DO: Discuss with your kids which books they’d like to focus on — perhaps choose a different day for each day of Spring Break. Then brainstorm together ways to bring that book to life — do a craft, go on an outing, or make a snack — all inspired by the book. Go here for more book-inspired craft ideas!
- How to Clean Pennies So They Really Shine + Free Printable
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- DIY Backyard Games Set
- Fun Family Game: Cover Your Assets Game Review
- STEM Fun: How to Make Bristle Bots
- Free Printable Water Gun Targets
- Fun Activities for Roald Dahl’s BFG Book
- Spanish Flashcards & More Freebies!
- Worksheet Wednesday: Easter Egg Fractions
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies