Our friends over at Phoenix NBC’s Arizona Midday have asked us to come on today and share tips for keeping kids busy while they’re home for Spring Break. We will be sharing some fun ideas to not only curb boredom, but encourage kids to READ (every mom’s dream, right?!). If you’re local, be sure to tune in to Channel 12 at 1pm. For you non-Arizonans hopefully we’ll have a link to the segment to share online later this afternoon or this weekend.
A little peek at what we’ll be sharing:
WHAT TO DO: Discuss with your kids which books they’d like to focus on — perhaps choose a different day for each day of Spring Break. Then brainstorm together ways to bring that book to life — do a craft, go on an outing, or make a snack — all inspired by the book. Go here for more book-inspired craft ideas!
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- How to Clean Pennies So They Really Shine + Free Printable
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- GLOW GUIDE: Glow in the dark Party Ideas
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Send a Hug
- Twenty Fun Story Times
- Make a Gold Medal
- Worksheet Wednesday: Imagination Workout
- Kindergarten Lined Paper Free Printable Template
- Make a Paper Spider