I can’t remember how we came across DogFish, but the first time my girls and I read this book I immediately ordered a copy from Amazon for their bookshelf. Between the adorable retro-modern illustrations and the very useful moral — “If you can’t have what you want, you could try wanting what you have.” — this is picture book perfection! (By the way, when you do read this book, it will be fun for you to know that the mother and son in the story completely remind me of Aimee and her son Liam.)
The body of the goldfish in the book bares a striking resemblance to a balloon, and with Miss Modette’s current balloon fascination I knew she’d love making a DogFish of her own.
TO MAKE: You will need an orange balloon, our free fish template, orange crayons, scissors and tape. Color the four fins on the printed template and cut out. Also cut out your choice of eyes (we offer both normal and hypnotizing eyes!). Blow up the balloon and tie off with a knot. Using clear, office tape attach the eyeballs to the balloon. To help line the eyes up, we looked for the little darker, orange spot that is on the tip of the balloon opposite the knot. Fold each fin at the dotted line and tape two on the sides as pectoral fins and two as tail fins on the back on either side of the knot. Now go take your DogFish for a walk!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- “Second Star To The Right” Neverland Baby Shower
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- DIY Backyard Games Set
- How to Do a Mermaid Manicure
- GLOW GUIDE: Glow in the dark Party Ideas
- Olympics Craft Idea: Printable Russian Dolls
- Easy Googly Eye Pumpkins
- Make a Gold Medal
- Name The Picture – Short “O”
- Halloween Handwriting Printable