I’m not a big sports fan so typically if I watch the Super Bowl it is just for the commercials (because I’m weird like that and I DO like commercials). To me the winner of best Super Bowl commercial was clear as soon as it began — stunning images of American farmers flashed across the screen overlaid by a simple and moving narration by Paul Harvey. It’s an ad for Dodge Ram trucks, and it really is worth watching. I actually think Moms and Dads are a lot like farmers.
So God Made a Farmer
obsessions, Super Bowl, superdad
February 3, 2017
- I’ll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Nutcracker Merde Gift Ideas for Ballet Dancers + Discount Tickets
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Fun Activities for Roald Dahl’s BFG Book
- Three Free Printable Banners
- Make an 80s Slip-Knot Friendship Bracelet
- Worksheet Wednesday: Easter Egg Fractions
- Yippee Baby Gender Reveal Party
- My Favorite Christmas Treat
6 thoughts on “So God Made a Farmer”
Thank you for posting. My husband told me about it, I didn’t get to see it–until now! Very powerful!
I 100% agree. I watched this commercial and was just breathless by the end of it. I grew up with men like this – men who looked like that and worked like that. I grew up with the women who helped them and supported them and loved them. I grew up with the other children who saw these legacies in their parents. This ad hit so many places – I thought it was really powerful.
Could not agree more!! Not even watching… Just heard Paul Harvey (grew up in rural south where we heard him twice a day) and had to look up. Commercial completely captured my attention and caused me to wonder, “What is this?” until the moment I saw the truck! That is what marketing should be!
I loved that commercial. I had tears in my eyes.
This ad made me cry. I grew up in a small farming community; even though my father wasn’t a farmer, we were surrounded by them. They are salt of the earth, filled with common sense and steadfast – as a group of people, I’d trust them with my life.
it was hands down, my favorite commercial of this years super bowl and one of my all time favorites EVER! I really identify with it for so many reasons. Paul Harvey’s voice was like a time warp for me. I got chills by the end of the first sentence. Amazing!