It’s no secret that summertime in Phoenix can be rough. I’m not complaining since we certainly get our fair share of wonderful weather. It’s just that the traditional picnic in the park on a summer’s day is unspeakable when the mercury reads 110+ degrees. So entertaining the kids while school’s out is a bit more of a challenge, but after some serious head scratching, here is my list of fun outings to help pass the time — there’s one for each day of the week:
1 :: Roll the coins in your kid’s piggy banks then take to the bank. Don’t have a savings account for junior yet? Open one while you’re there.
2 :: Make treats and deliver to the fire or police station. If they’re not too busy they might be able to give you a tour so take the camera along.
3 :: Color a picture for a grandparent, aunt/uncle or cousin. Address an envelope and head to the post office. Let your kids pick out the stamp design and place their letter in the box.
4 :: Go to a local bakery and get a cookie. You may want to call ahead and see if there are certain times when you might be able to get a tour.
5 :: Window shop at your local pet store. Afterwards have your child draw a picture of the pet they want to bring home someday.
6 :: Collect old toys, clothes and shoes from around the house then go donate to a thrift store. While you’re there have a look around — you might just find a treasure.
7 :: I know it’s not the most creative idea, but what would a list like this one be without suggesting a trip to the library?
So there’s my list. What are your kids’ favorite outings?
The photo above is from Ghyslain Heurtel’s totally browse-worthy portfolio.
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- DIY Nature Journal: Easy Beginner Cricut Project
- Hose Wall Murals
- Make Your Own Globe & Earth Day Ideas
- Animal Charades with Animal Jam
- Make an 80s Slip-Knot Friendship Bracelet
- Free Music Staff for Your Little Mozart
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies
- Primary Handwriting Paper