Mere mortals look away, but witches behold the three most coveted titles for your library. These chilling spell books hold many secrets… and the biggest one is in their making! Crack one open and you’ll quickly divine that you’ve been tricked – these clever covers are merely a disguise.
DIY Spell Books would be an adorable addition to your Halloween mantle or entry table. These spooky witch’s Spell Book Covers look awfully authentic, and it’s simple to conjure up some wicked volumes of your own using my templates that are totally FREE! Just grab the download at the end of this post.
We shared these projects originally over on Babble (now Disney Family), but didn’t want you to miss out!
How to Make DIY Witch’s Spell Books
How can you turn your books into spooky Halloween classics? It’s so easy! First, download the free printable book cover templates then just cut to fit the books you have!
We designed each cover to fit a popular title that you just might have in your library:
- Make a “Spells & Enchantments” book out of Eclipse from the Twilight Saga
- Make a “Transfiguration” book out of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Make a “Brews & Potions” book out of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Next, use the cutting guides on the template to trim off the top and bottom, or use your own book as a guide to trim the cover to the correct height.
Wrap the trimmed cover around your book tucking the ends inside. You’re done!
Dead Sea Bath Salts: A Halloween Party Favor
Straight from your new Brews & Potions book try this recipe for Dead Sea Salts — the perfect Halloween gift for all your witchy friends.
Candy is okay for the kids, but what about us moms? Don’t we deserve a Halloween treat? Give your friends a festive gift with these spooky Dead Sea Bath Salts to help them conjure up a few moments of relaxation.
Dead Sea Bath Salts Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups Dead Sea Salt, Coarse
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Bergamot Essential Oil (substitute your favorite
We purchased Dead Sea Salt online and found Epsom Salt in the pharmacy section of a local grocer.
To make the bath salts, combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Pull out about a half cup of the dry mix and add the oils. Thoroughly mix in the oils then add back to the large bowl and blend together.
Pour bath salts into jars and finish by applying this free printable Dead Sea Bath Salt Labels.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Halloween FAIRY SPRITE COSTUME with Martha Stewart
- Recycled Party Tassels
- Super Cute New Years Card
- Circle Garland Baby Shower
- St. Patrick’s Day Lollies
- Tangled Party Decor & Food
- Pumpkin Pie Shortcut