Becky M., a Supermom of two, from Louisiana, said:
I have been thinking about what to do this year for Easter baskets, eggs and all that jazz. We hide the plastic eggs with goodies inside. (Insert cringe face for those who grew up with hard-boiled dyed eggs… me included). As a side note we still dye eggs just not very many, and we use them for deviled eggs for our family gathering the next day.
Each year I’ve tried to come up with a fun alternative to candy for filling the eggs. One year I filled them with change and money; another year I found eggs pre-filled with hot wheels cars. (Did I mention I am a mom of 2 boys… ages 3 and 5.) Well this year I decided to fill the eggs with Legos! I bought a few small, inexpensive Lego kits and will be filling the eggs with the blocks that fit and putting any larger Legos, that don’t fit, in a gift bag in their Easter basket. I’m planning to also put the directions that came with the kit in one of the eggs. I will probably end up buying a few of the larger-size eggs so I can fit more pieces. I thought this was a great, sugar-free idea to help keep the cavities away!
Thanks Becky! We’re sure your kids are going to love this idea! We think this would also work well using a basic set like this one with only small, egg-size pieces.
Have a Super-tip to share? It can be anything related to motherhood and family life, from a favorite recipe, to ideas for activities or a great way to manage an everyday chore. Email your tip to firstname.lastname@example.org. We just might publish your Super-tip next!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Teaching Kids to Clean
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Organization Ideas for Moms
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Kid-Friendly Laptops at Staples
- Good As New