So every year we throw a big Halloween dinner party. It is becoming our tradition to share photos from last year’s party as we’re in full swing with planning for this year’s party. We are excited that Hostess With the Mostess just featured last year’s party here.
You might remember the great invitation debate I posted about last year? Here are the winning invites:
Probably my favorite part of last’s years party was the fun outdoor Halloween decor that greeted the guests. Superdad had a fun idea to hang a sheet in the front window and then use a projector to show a silent movie — we played snippets from the old, black-and-white Dracula movie on a loop, and it was so cool to watch from the street and from inside the house. Also loved the warning messages on the luminaries (they are vinyl cutouts stuck onto regular, brown paper bags).
Inside the house we had a Spooky Specimens treat table complete with Box Jellyfish Tentacles and Brazilian Wandering Spider Eggs for guests to nibble on while they waited for dinner to begin.
You can re-create a Spooky Specimens dessert table of your own with my free printable Specimen Jar Labels!
We set one VERY long table for all 28 of our guests to dine at. We fill the center of the table with every silver, glass or crystal candlestick I own and burn through nearly 50 taper candles. The effect is mesmerizing and totally spooky!
Our party favor was homemade Poison Bath Oil. Check out my Poison Bath Oil tutorial complete with free printable labels over on Hostess With the Mostess.
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Easy Nail Polish Gift Idea for Friends
- Free BOO! EEK! Halloween Gift Tags
- Black Beauty Worksheets and Quotes
- Colorful Free Printable THanksgiving Banner
- Teacher Appreciation Door Decorating
- Olympics Craft Idea: Printable Russian Dolls
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- How to Make Easter Egg Dye
- Send a Hug
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas